Some guys can’t stand the idea of wearing a tuxedo for any occasion. If they were allowed, they would just wear a clean t-shirt, jeans, & some old pair of sneakers. Now a days, you can dress up without looking so formal. Kanye West has a way to dress up a casual outfit with a simple blazer and pair of shoes. Its his casual wear that catches attention. Check out some of these outfits worn by Kanye. Maybe his outfits can influence your style for a casual look at Prom.
In honor of Prom 2012 we’re taking a look at some of our favorite movies that feature proms. Old, new, good, bad, we’re reliving all the magical moments of movie proms.
1. Pretty in Pink– This is a classic 80’s brat pack movie and if you haven’t seen it we suggest you do! Andie is the girl from the wrong side of the tracks, Blane is the dreamy rich boy, throw in a dorky best friend named Duckie and you have the recipe for a great prom movie.
2. She’s All That– From a classic 80’s movie to a classic 90’s movie. Can Freddie Prinze, Jr. take “the girl with the ponytail” and make her into prom queen? If the romance isn’t enough for you this movie has one of the best prom dance scenes!
Name: Will Tobias aka DJ Will “The Bronx Bomber”
Occupation: DJ at Power 105
Hometown: The Bronx, NY
• Did you attend the Prom?
Yes, I did, 12th grade DeWitt Clinton High School. It was really cool! It’s funny I was DJing at the time, not at my school. No one really knew I was DJing but I did different parties and was gaining my popularity. I went to prom with the “IT’” girl in school. Everyone wanted to go to prom with this girl. My social studies teacher hooked it up. He knew I had a crush on her so he made us partners in a project so I had her number. When it came time to ask her to prom, I used to call her a bunch of times and hang up. So one Friday, a month before the prom, I called her and she picked up and asked if I wanted to go over the project. I asked her if she was going to the prom she said she guess but no one really asked her yet. So I asked if she wanted to go? She asked, “With you?” I was like man, guess that’s a no, but she said of course. I was stunned. About ten minutes later, my good friend, our mutual friend called all excited, “you finally did it!” It was a big deal. She won prom queen that night I wasn’t on the ballot for king so I didn’t win. But it didn’t matter who the king was, I was the most popular dude. We had a good night. After prom we went to an after party, then to breakfast then straight to Great adventures.
• What are you working on these days?
Now I DJ Friday nights from 12 am to 2 am on Power 105.1. I DJ up to 3-4 clubs a night. In the past I have traveled all over the world and I plan on traveling again very soon.
• What is your favorite part about being a 105.1 DJ?
My favorite part about being a 105.1 DJ is being responsible for breaking records. I love playing new records. I’m known as the ladies DJ because I play a lot of girl friendly music. Another one of my favorite parts about Djing is having friends from 10-15 years ago call me because they hear a DJ Will on the radio and says it sounds like me. It’s a great feeling to reunite.
• What would your advice be for the Class of 2012?
Be safe! Be sure to continue onto college. Even people with college degrees can’t find jobs but a High school diploma and a GED won’t bring you anywhere in life.
• Tell us about some of your favorite hobbies, pastimes or charitable organizations that you’re involved with.
My favorite hobby is chess. I am an avid chess player. I ran a chess club twice a week at my daughter’s school. I also work with Hale House Center in Harlem, NY. It’s a child-centered and family-focused program dedicated to building better future for children and families in their community. It’s a great program they take care of children who have been abandoned or mothers have a history of substance abuse. I participate in the gala and fundraisers events they host. One of their events is Bikers for Babies. Motorcycle crews drop of truck loads of diapers for babies. I teach chess there as well.
Thanks for sharing DJ Will!
Be sure to check out DJ Will’s bio page on Power 105’s site HERE
FACEBOOK: Click HERE
TWITTER: Click HERE
Are you still looking for the perfect dress for Prom 2012? Here at The Prom Company we love the dresses by Camille Le Vie! Whether you’re looking for short, long, unique, or a more traditional style Camille Le Vie has something for you. You’ll be one of a kind at your NYC Prom in one of these dresses!
Looking for some Prom 2012 inspiration? Here are a few fabulous looks to steal from your favorite movies.
1. Kate Hudson’s gold dress in “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days”. With a dress like this you’ll win over your prom date in 10 seconds. Get it HERE!
2. Keira Knightley’s classic green dress in “Atonement”. Make all the other girls green with envy. Check it out HERE!
3. Sarah Jessica Parker’s “Sex and the City 2” poster dress. We can’t forget about Carrie Bradshaw our favorite NYC fashion icon. Get her dress HERE!