We recently had a chance to speak with the MTV’s 10 on Top Host, Lenay Dunn! This African native enjoys jogging, laser tag and can speak Spanish! She currently lives in Nashville, Tennessee and come to New York 3 days a week for MTV! Read more to learn about the fabulous life of Lenay Dunn!
Name: Lenay Dunn
Occupation: MTV host (I host the show ’10 on Top’, Saturdays 11:30am EST)
Hometown: I was born in the Congo, Africa. But I grew up most of my life in Fridley, Minnesota.
· Did you attend the Prom? I did! I think I went to a total of 5 proms in high school, 2 at my own school (Fridley High School), and 3 at my friends’ schools. I liked prom so much I’d call my friends from other schools and ask them to find me dates at their schools so I could go to prom again lol. My favorite dress I ever wore to a prom was pink and sparkly. I attached some pics. I think the dress is actually still at my parents house in a closet somewhere. That was my first prom ever in 11th grade, with my first boyfriend Jake.
· What did you learn in High School that prepared you for your career today? I went to public school in Fridley, MN. & it was awesome!! (I went to a few private schools’ proms though.. the boys were cute.) I took a lot of theatre classes and art classes at my high school though. I was in a lot of the school plays in middle school and then in high-school I read the morning announcements broadcasted over the classroom TV’s in the morning. So I think I learned how to run around on camera a bit. I also played ice hockey & was on the swim/track team. Which has nothing to do with this interview, or with my job today, but it was still fun! xo
· What are you working on these days? Besides hosting the countdown show ’10 on Top’ on MTV (Saturdays 11:30am EST), I was just picked up by Macy’s to be their brand American Rag’s official ‘it girl’, which is very exciting & fun! I get to blog about fashion & music, be the face of their brand, and go to all the summer music festivals to interview bands.
· What is your favorite part about being a host on MTV? lots of things… getting to live half in New York (I live in Nashville and fly to NYC 3 days a week to host the show), the team of people who work on the show are super awesome, and I get an office in Times Square (which is more like a giant closet since I keep lots of clothes and shoes in it ha)
· What would your advice be for the Class of 2012? Have fun! You are about to graduate and you have SO much adventure ahead of you, just have fun with it – you only live once. That and tweet me. That’s the best advice of 2012. Be my twitter friend. @lenaydunn.
· Tell us about some of your favorite hobbies, pastimes. I like jogging, watching cat videos on the internet, making funny videos with my friends & putting them on youtube.. I also like speaking Spanish (I originally went to college to be a Spanish teacher), playing road hockey with neighborhood kids, & baking sugar cookies.