- Name: Audrie Cruz
- Age: 19
- Hometown: Bronx, NY
- Grade Level: College
- Have you already attended the Prom?
Yes I have.
- What is your favorite Prom memory?
My favorite memory of Prom would have to be how fun my date made it. He stood on the dance floor with me all night, and made sure I had nothing less than a great time. Prom will always be a night I will cherish and remember for a lifetime.
- Did you attend an After-Prom Party?
I did attend After-Prom! Myself, and a small group decided to spend it on a boat. We had food and music played the whole night. We all continued the party, but also had the chance to relax and enjoy the view of the city.
- What made you try out for this Pageant?
Well ever since i could remember I’ve always had a passion for modeling. I wanted to challenge myself and try something outside of the usual studio work, so i joined and the experiences I’ve had made it all worth it!
- Do you have a favorite memory from the Pageant?
I do! The first two pageants I joined, I didn’t get the crown, but I was determined to win! By the third pageant I was prepared and i finally won the title. The feeling of finally accomplishing one of your dreams is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. When they called my name as the winner, and I walked the runway for the last time, the first thing that went through my mind was “I did it!.” I can now proudly say I am Miss Teen New York East Coast USA!
- What advice would you give girls your age on “following their dreams”?
My biggest piece of advice I would give to the girls my age is to never give up on them!! If you have a dream, pursue it! No matter how hard or long it may take to get there, believe in yourself and never let anyone tell you, you can’t.
- What are some of your go-to beauty products that would be a good recommendation for Prom Night?
Some go-to beauty products I would recommend would be to carry eyeshadow and lip gloss for touch ups, as well as flat shoes. Between prom and after prom, your feet will get tired from wearing heels all night, so matching flats is a must!
To see a little more about what Audrie is up to check out her Facebook page!
Want to win $10,000 for your prom? David’s Bridal and Men’s Wearhouse are teaming up to bring you the ultimate dance prom contest! All you need to do to enter are 3 simple things. 1. Watch the video below and learn the dance moves. 2. Download the song used in the video HERE and use it for your choreography. 3. Create a 45-60 second video of you and your friends doing these crazy dance moves and upload it to the website! Finally to win, you must get all your friends and family to vote for you on the website from April 5-26th. Not only will you receive $10,000 for your fantastic video; David’s Bridal and Men’s Wearhouse will also donate $10,000 to your high school!!! So what are you waiting for? Start busting a move to win $10,000 for your prom! Click HERE for more details!! GOOD LUCK PROM GOERS!
Some guys can’t stand the idea of wearing a tuxedo for any occasion. If they were allowed, they would just wear a clean t-shirt, jeans, & some old pair of sneakers. Now a days, you can dress up without looking so formal. Kanye West has a way to dress up a casual outfit with a simple blazer and pair of shoes. Its his casual wear that catches attention. Check out some of these outfits worn by Kanye. Maybe his outfits can influence your style for a casual look at Prom.
In honor of Prom 2012 we’re taking a look at some of our favorite movies that feature proms. Old, new, good, bad, we’re reliving all the magical moments of movie proms.
1. Pretty in Pink– This is a classic 80’s brat pack movie and if you haven’t seen it we suggest you do! Andie is the girl from the wrong side of the tracks, Blane is the dreamy rich boy, throw in a dorky best friend named Duckie and you have the recipe for a great prom movie.
2. She’s All That– From a classic 80’s movie to a classic 90’s movie. Can Freddie Prinze, Jr. take “the girl with the ponytail” and make her into prom queen? If the romance isn’t enough for you this movie has one of the best prom dance scenes!
Dress up your tux with some cool accessories! From watches to different types of cuff-links. Bring some bling to your tux. It’s okay to stand out. That’s the point! Don’t be afraid to turn heads. It’s the night to remember, make sure you make your friends remember you on prom night!